Friday 15 November 2013

TGIF Feature of the day: Classic Gin Martini (dry)

Happy Friday everyone!!!!!

Welcome to TGIF Friday Features.

Well its Friday so for most of us its the end of the work week, so lets loosen those ties and kick of those heels and grab a drink.

So todays feature is the Classic Dry Gin Martini. Now I love my martinis and it doesn't matter what the flavour is, just as long as its made properly. But my all time favorite martini is the Classic Dry Gin Martini with 2 olives stirred and not shaken...... I know I am a little bit picky (or should I say anal) when it comes to this particular drink, I kinda have to as this was the first drink that I ever had (I was under age at the time) and my grandfather made it for me. And ever since then, I have always had my martini that way and if it wasn't made to perfection then I would send it back until the bartender go it right..... another picky triaght that I got from my grandfather. Like come on, you know you are making one of the best cocktail drinks in the world PLEASE and I mean PLEASE give it justice and do it right the first time.



So here is a recipe: (per 1 serving)

1 2/3 oz gin
1/3 oz dry vermouth
1 olive


Stir gin and vermouth with ice in a mixing glass. Strain into a cocktail glass, add the olive, and serve.

 
Don't forget the essentials!!!!
 
Every good bar needs the classic essentials for the martini lovers. So here are the major must haves for the martini.
  1. Shaker- Whatever you do, do not cheap out on a shaker. Take the time and look for a good quality of a shaker, they will last you for a long time. You got choices from glass, stainless steel and double wall so go for a one that is with in your budget and the one that you like.
  2. Martini glasses- What is a martini without a martini glass???? There are so many styles out here so its all based on personal preference. From a classic martini glass all the way to stainless steel. So go with ones that you like and go with your décor.... or should I say personality
  3. Martini accessory kit (which includes the strainer, shots for measuring, a bottle opener and a knife
 
 
So Cheers and have a great friday
 


No comments:

Post a Comment