Tuesday 12 November 2013

DIY- Personalized Baby Onesies



What a great way to make some of the onesies that your lil one is going to wear memorable!!!! Let alone a great baby shower activity for all of the guests to do.

I first heard and had the previlage of doing some, when I was pregnant with Marley, my girlfriend and my sister planned my baby shower and one of the activities that they had everyone do was to decorate a plan white onesie, and all I have to say that it was so much fun doing them let alone very memorable. I loved watching all of my closest friends and family members make me a onesie for Marley, not only were they going to be different and unique, but they were going to be special knowing that it was hand designed. I even get stopped sometimes when Im out with Marley, where people are asking me where I got the onesie that she is wearing because its the cutest thing that they have seen and they want to get one for someone that they know that is either having a baby or has a baby. And when I tell them that it was hand made by a friend of mine at my baby shower, they were surprised and thought it was the best thing that they have ever heard.

It was such a great idea, that I even had a DIY baby onesie table set up at my sisters baby shower which I had the honour of planning. Lets just say that it was such a big hit that not even 20 mins after the ladies started all of the onesies that I bought were all decorated and the ladies wanted to do some more.

For some simple onesies here is some of the supplies that you would need:
  1. White Onesies- Vary in sizes that range from newborn to 12 months
  2. Fabric Paint- Different colours
  3. Plastic tablecloths
  4. Cloth Pins
  5. String
Cover your designated work space with the plastic table cloth and set up the fabric paint, onesies and cloth pins on the table. Then find either a stairwell railing or a ledge on where you can tie the string along, so that when your guests or even you can hangup the onesies to dry once you are done.

Have fun and be creative!!!!

Here is a link to find some more great ideas to get creative with the onesies

https://www.google.ca/search?q=diy+baby+onesies&newwindow=1&rlz=1T4ACAW_en___CA389&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Xd-CUtmbLYnf2AWbvID4BA&ved=0CC0QsAQ&biw=1012&bih=433

No comments:

Post a Comment