Tuesday 12 November 2013

Money Savin Tips

On a tight budget or just want to save a few extra dollars since the arrival of your new bundle of joy. Now I’ve always been the type to watch how much I spend and how much I put away into my saving, but never fully on how much I can make the average dollar go or even shop the sale racks. But ever since I found out that I was pregnant with Marley, that took a major turn to on how much can I make the average dollar go a long way and when a sale is on I make sure I always check to see if there is anything that I need for the house, Marley or even for myself or my partner.  So here are a few tricks and a few places that I check out when I want to save a few extra bucks or try to make that average dollar go a long way.
The list:

 Coupons
Make coupons your best friend when you are shopping they do help when you are at the till paying for your items. Coupons vary from 50cents, 1-4 dollars off and some that are buy one get one free. Here are some websites that you can checkout:

Now the list can go on for websites that you can get coupons from so go on and click, print/mail out and start saving today

Farmers Markets
The summer time is known for great weather, vacations and spending time at the beach or at the parks but it is also known for farmers markets being opened. Now farmers markets are great to get fresh produce from the local farmers, meat and fish from your local fisherman and cattle farmers, artisan bakers, eggs as well as other great finds from jewellery to cool household accessories. To find a local farmers market go to the city that you live in and they would list all the farmers markets in the area that you live in

Flea Markets
Flea markets are a great way to find the little things for around the house and you can get great deals and you can bargain with some of the vendors. The 2 major flea markets that I go to are the Cloverdale flea market at the Cloverdale fairgrounds which is every Sunday which goes from 9am to 1pm and the other one is the Vancouver flea market by Science world and its every Saturday.

Swap Meets
Swap meets are great as well; you can find gently used items that you can use for your house or for the family. The one swap meet that I go to is the Kids swap meet out in Cloverdale at the Cloverdale fairgrounds, they happen about once a month or once every two months

Garage Sales
Garage sales are pretty much the same as the swap meets and flea markets. You will always find great things

  • Businesses that are closing out
              Great time to get great deals on items that you will need
  • Social Media
   Social media like facebook and twitter are great ways to check out major companies as they will    have great giveaways on the products that they offer and sometimes you can get coupons that they would occasionally offer

Other great websites that you can check to find some great things are craigslist, kijji, and used Vancouver. These websites are fantastic and sometimes you can find one of a kind products, household items at a really good price.

No comments:

Post a Comment